Unfortunately, every conference experiences some theft. While SIGGRAPH Asia does provide security at the convention center, you should exercise standard precautions in securing equipment (especially small, mobile items) when it is in the convention center.
As a service to our contributors, SIGGRAPH Asia insures equipment from the time it enters the Convention Center to the time it leaves the convention center, provided: (a) receipt and outbound shipping occur while the convention center is occupied by SIGGRAPH Asia, and (b) an Equipment Insurance form was completed and submitted. If you have not completed and submitted the insurance form, your equipment will not be insured by SIGGRAPH Asia.
- SIGGRAPH Asia does not insure personal items, such as cell phones, digital cameras, laptops, camcorders, etc.
- SIGGRAPH Asia does not insure equipment in transit to or from the conference. Please be sure to insure your equipment during shipment.
Insuring Your Equipment
If your work is accepted for presentation at SIGGRAPH Asia, and you want to have your equipment insured while at the convention center, you will be asked to complete the online Equipment Insurance Form in your final details of your submission form.
If you are an equipment donor, you will be asked to complete the online Equipment Insurance Form.
Filing a Claim
If your equipment is insured by SIGGRAPH Asia, please follow this procedure to file a claim for damage or theft:
- Notify the Conference Management Office immediately. We will contact building security located at the Organizer Room of BHIRAJ Hall 1, Level 2 of Bangkok Int'l Trade & Exhibition Centre (BITEC) (Conference & Exhibition Management Office).
- Work with the Conference Management to obtain a police report while at the convention center.
- Forward the following documentation:
- Copy of the police report
- Copy of the original purchase receipt
- Copy of a replacement quote from a vendor or manufacturer